Areas Of Practice
Heather Byrer Carbone practices in the areas of workers’ compensation defense, employment law, business and liability law. Prior to joining Boyd & Jenerette, P.A. in 2009, Ms. Carbone was the Managing Shareholder of a statewide firm.
She is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Workers’ Compensation. Ms. Carbone is an expert in workers’ compensation law dealing with the analysis and litigation of problems or controversies arising out of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Law.
Ms. Carbone is a committee member with the Jacksonville Humane Society, and volunteers for Jacksonville Area Legal Aid (JALA). She completed the 2008 New York City marathon, ran the National Breast Cancer Marathon twice and often participates in road races that benefit various charitable organizations.
Ms. Carbone is married and has two sons. In addition to running, her hobbies include hiking, biking, traveling and spending time with her family.
- Florida, 2001 -Board Certified in Worker’s Compensation Law
- United States District Courts, 2009
- Middle District of Florida
Awards & Recognition
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law by The Florida Bar, 2014-present
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star,” 2010, 2013-2016
- Listed in Jacksonville Magazine for Jacksonville Legal Elite, 2015
- Listed in 904 Magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in Workers’ Compensation, 2012, 2014
- Listed as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Friends of 440 scholarship organization, Co-Chair 2010-2012, Treasurer 2009-2010
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Co-Chair Workers’ Compensation Section 2010,2011
- Association of Builders & Contractors
- Jacksonville Humane Society, Committee Member
- Jacksonville Claims Association
- The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Worker’s Compensation Law
- Legal Assistant
- Phone: 904.353.6241 x253
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 904.353.6241 x274
- Email: email@example.com
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.