Areas Of Practice
- Auto Liability Defense
- General Civil Litigation & Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Trucking & Transportation
Mr. Connell has successfully litigated a wide range of cases involving catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, professional malpractice, products liability and premises liability. Mr. Connell has significant experience handling trucking and automobile accidents, fire investigations and natural gas claims.
Mr. Connell also focuses his practice on land use planning and zoning law. He assists his clients with government permitting issues at the state, local and municipal levels. Mr. Connell’s practical knowledge of land use law began with his study landscape architecture at the University of Georgia and his work as a city planner for Athens-Clarke County prior to entering law school.
Mr. Connell has significant experience representing clients in the tourism and hospitality industry and was recently named General Counsel for the Tourism Leadership Council, the leading trade organization for the tourism industry in the Savannah area.
Mr. Connell is an active supporter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, having served as Co-chair of the Leadership Committee for Savannah LLS’s Man and Woman of the Year campaigns for 2015 and 2016. He began supporting LLS in 2014 when he was nominated and competed as a candidate for Man of the Year. From 2013 to 2018, Savannah’s annual Man and Woman of the Year campaigns have raised approximately 3 million dollars to fund blood cancer research and patient assistance programs.
- Georgia, 2006
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, 2008
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, 2008
- United States District Court
- Southern District of Georgia, 2006
- Middle District of Georgia, 2010
Awards & Recognition
- Selected as Georgia “Super Lawyer” Rising Star Attorney by Atlanta Magazine, (2012-2017)
- Leadership Savannah, Class of 2013-2014
- Generation NEXT Rising Star of Savannah Business, Class of 2016
- Savannah LLS Man of the Year Candidate, 2014
- State Bar of Georgia, 2006
- Savannah Area Tourism Leadership Council, General Counsel, 2018 – Present
- Savannah Downtown Business Association, Board Member, 2019
- Savannah Exploratory Charter Academy, Board Member, 2019
- Savannah Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Man and Woman of the Year, Board Member, 2014 – Present
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.