Areas Of Practice
- Products Liability
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Insurance Defense
- General Litigation
- Mass Tort
Randy Dow is a Partner in the Firm’s South Florida office, located in Boca Raton. His practice includes construction law, with an emphasis on delay and defect claims arising out of residential, commercial and industrial projects. In addition, a significant portion of Mr. Dow’s practice is dedicated to the defense of product liability and general liability claims relating to construction equipment, power tools and construction vehicles.
Mr. Dow serves as statewide litigation counsel for various national and international corporations in the construction, equipment rental and property management industries. He has litigated numerous commercial and coverage claims since joining The Florida Bar in 1997.
He also has significant experience in automobile liability, including claims related to tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles.
Mr. Dow was born in Bangor, Maine, and lived throughout the country during his father’s 25-year career in the U.S. Navy. He moved to South Florida after graduating from law school in 1997.
- Boyd & Jenerette’s insurance coverage team obtained summary judgment in late 2016 on behalf of a major insurance carrier in an action for declaratory relief. The action was brought by attorneys Jane Anderson and Randy Dow in a Florida federal district court. The central issue in the coverage action was whether a named insured on an umbrella policy could qualify for “family member” coverage in connection with a fatal automobile accident.
- The Boyd & Jenerette bad faith trial team successfully defended a major insurance company in a Northern Florida county circuit court against allegations of bad faith in handling a property claim involving damage to an expensive automobile. Attorneys Jane Anderson and Randy Dow tried the case to a jury over seven days in late 2016.
- The Florida Bar, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1999
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida, 2000
Awards and Recognition
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Civil Litigators, 2011-2017
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2013
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers under Personal Injury – Products: Defense, 2017-2018
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star,” 2009-2011
- Florida Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Construction Law Committee – Chair, CLE Subcommittee
- Insurance and Surety Committee
- Construction Association of South Florida
- Legal Assistant
- Phone: 561.208.0708 x514
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 561.208.0708 x518
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.