When did you first know you wanted to be an attorney? What drew you to this career?
- I have wanted to be an attorney since I was in the 8th grade. I had a history teacher named Mr. Steele and he held a mock trial for Civil War soldiers. I was selected as one of the attorneys and Mr. Steele took the time to teach us the basic overview of the legal system and how it is designed to be fair and just. Ever since that lesson, I have wanted to devote my life to the practice of law.
What personal trait most aided you in your career?
- I was raised to work hard. My mom, grandmother and older sister Tiffany are the hardest working people I know. They instilled in me a sense of pride in my work and the belief that if you work hard, it will pay off.
What drew you to Boyd & Jenerette?
- I was drawn to Boyd & Jenerette because of their strong reputation in the Jacksonville community. Also, it is inspiring to see so many female shareholders and partners who can be great attorneys and balance their families.
What do you most hope to accomplish in the future? Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
- I hope to continue to grow in my field. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years, I will have enough trials to join ABOTA or attain Board Certification in Civil Trial Law.
What is your favorite sports team?
- For baseball, I am a die-hard Oakland A’s fan. For football, I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.
What is your favorite tv show?
- Right now – I am obsessed in Prodigal Son but I love crime shows like Law & Order SVU or NCIS. I also love Guys Grocery Games and Beat Bobby Flay on the Food Network.
What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Vacation, what is that? Just kidding. I love Savannah and St. Augustine. I am a big fan of older cities with a lot of historical attractions. It is one of my favorite things about living in the South. There is so much rich history to learn about.
Do you have any pets?
- I have a 3-year-old Black Labrador named Jaylen. I swear that she wants nothing more than to cuddle all day every day.
Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
- A little bit of both. My daughter is 15 months old and she is ACTIVE. If she is a morning person, then I am a morning person. If she is a night-owl, then I am a night-owl.
Do you have a hidden talent?
- I am a Certified Scuba Diver. I got certified in 2009-2010 and I have been scuba diving about 5 times off the coast of Daytona Beach. Also, I stress-bake. When I was in law school, I used to bake all kinds of treats in the middle of the night and then bring them to work in the morning. It helps me decompress.