When did you first know you wanted to be an attorney? What drew you to this career?
- I wanted to be an attorney at a young age. In high school, I participated in the Duval County Teen Court Program and served as a trial attorney in a mock trial setting.
What personal trait most aided you in your career?
- My work ethic. I live by the motto that preparation prevents poor performance.
What drew you to Boyd & Jenerette?
- I started at Boyd & Jenerette as a law clerk in the summer of 2016 after I completed my second year at the University of Florida Levin College of Law. As a law clerk, I had the opportunity to observe the firm’s best at all phases of litigation, including depositions, mediations and trials. During my time in the summer, I also learned about the history of the firm and the legendary Noah Jenerette.
After graduation and passing the bar, I was very blessed to be offered a position at the firm as an associate attorney because I knew this was an ideal place to begin my legal career.
Thus far in your career, what are you most proud of accomplishing?
- Serving as second chair in a trial this past December, where we obtained a defense verdict against Florida’s leading Plaintiff’s firm.
What do you most hope to accomplish in the future? Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
- In the next five to ten years, I hope to be a Partner in the firm and to have gained a reputation by members of the trial bar as a zealous advocate on behalf of my clients.
What is your favorite band?
- I don’t have a favorite, but I’m a country music fan.
What is your favorite sports team?
- My favorite sports team is the Florida Gators.
What is your favorite movie?
- My all-time favorite movie is The Godfather.
Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
- I am a night-owl.