Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage Claims
- General Civil Litigation & Insurance Defense
Jane Anderson practices insurance defense litigation focusing primarily on complex federal and state coverage issues and insurer bad faith cases, including appeals.
Her experience includes formulating coverage opinions and litigating first and third party coverage and liability issues for auto, property, umbrella, commercial general liability, homeowners, disability, employment practices liability, and professional malpractice policies.
Ms. Anderson assists insurers with agent E&O issues and claims, as well as indemnity issues between insurers and their agents or brokers. Additionally, she assists insurers with pre-suit claims-handling issues, including responding to time demands or civil remedy notices of insurer violation, Cunningham agreements, Coblentz agreements, dealing with liens and subrogation claims and underwriting matters.
She routinely counsels insurers on claims handling practices. Ms. Anderson is an approved instructor through the Florida Department of Financial Services, and is available to provide in-house training for insurers on topics including claim management, bad faith, coverage issues, declaratory judgment actions, and general liability issues.
Before joining Boyd & Jenerette, P.A., Ms. Anderson worked with another Florida law firm and eventually opened their Jacksonville, Florida office as the Managing Partner. Prior to going into private practice, she worked as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas H. Barkdull and the Honorable Gerald B. Cope, Jr. at the Third District Court of Appeals in Miami, Florida.
Ms. Anderson is active in supporting the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and various organizations that rescue abused and abandoned animals. She and her family have three Cocker Spaniels and two cats, all of whom are rescues
- Boyd & Jenerette’s insurance coverage team obtained summary judgment in late 2016 on behalf of a major insurance carrier in an action for declaratory relief. The action was brought by attorneys Jane Anderson and Randy Dow in a Florida federal district court. The central issue in the coverage action was whether a named insured on an umbrella policy could qualify for “family member” coverage in connection with a fatal automobile accident.
- The Boyd & Jenerette bad faith trial team successfully defended a major insurance company in a Northern Florida county circuit court against allegations of bad faith in handling a property claim involving damage to an expensive automobile. Attorneys Jane Anderson and Randy Dow tried the case to a jury over seven days in late 2016.
- Jane Anderson and Jonathan Huffman obtained a 2017 summary judgment from a Florida Circuit Court on a coverage issue. The case involved collision coverage to a sports car which the insured wrecked while driving in an organized amateur race. The Court held that the racing exclusion in the policy was applicable.
- State of Florida, 1995
- United States District Court, 1997
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1999
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Claims Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Phone: 904.353.6241
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 904.353.6241
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.