Areas Of Practice
- Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights
- General Civil Litigation & Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Property Damage Claims
Wes Ridout is a partner in the firm’s Jacksonville, Florida office. His practice largely consists of first party property insurance claims, but he also has substantial experience in creditor’s rights and bankruptcy.
Wes is a transplant from upstate New York, having moved to Florida to attend Florida Coastal School of Law after obtaining his Bachelor’s Degree from SUNY Potsdam and an MBA from Clarkson University.
His litigation experience includes practicing in both state and Federal Courts around the United States, including multiple class action cases and appellate work. He is adept at handling heavily contested matters from presuit through appeal and takes pride in his work product. He is conscientious of each client’s respective preferences and goals on each individual case and is dedicated to achieving the most favorable outcome for his clients.
When Wes is not at work, he can most likely be found in an ice arena watching his son play hockey, on a golf course, or spending time with his family.
- Florida, 2010
- United States District Court
- Middle District of Florida, 2011
- Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Western District of Michigan, 2021
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2016
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in America™ Commercial Litigation & Financial Services Regulation Law: 2023-2024
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Legal Assistant
- Phone: 904.353.6241
- Email: ddickenson@boydjen,com
- Phone: 904.353.6241
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.