Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Business Litigation
- General Civil Litigation & Insurance Defense
Andrew Abramovich practices primarily in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith/extra-contractual liability litigation, complex civil litigation, commercial litigation, and appeals. He has represented insurers, other businesses, and individuals in all stages of litigation, including trial, before state and federal courts throughout Florida, and he advises insurers about insurance coverage, good-faith claims handling, regulatory compliance, investigations, insurance fraud, and other matters. His experience includes antitrust, class action, multi-district (MDL), toxic tort, and transportation litigation.
Mr. Abramovich is fluent in Spanish and represents Spanish-speaking clients, handles matters involving Spanish-speaking witnesses and counterparties, and prepares legal documents in Spanish. He was repeatedly included in the Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Mr. Abramovich previously worked in the office of Florida Senator George G. Kirkpatrick.
Mr. Abramovich is a Florida DFS-approved instructor of continuing education for insurance licensees, and he has taught courses on claims and a variety of legal topics to adjusters and attorneys around the state. In addition to practicing law, Mr. Abramovich is vice president and general counsel of two closely held businesses.
- Florida, 2007
- United States District Court
- Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Middle District of Florida, 2007
- Northern District of Florida, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2008
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- First District Appellate American Inn of Court
- Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies
- Hispanic Bar Association of Northeast Florida, 2008-2014
- President, 2012-2013
- Jacksonville Association of Defense Counsel, 2007-2016
- President, 2012
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, 2007-2016
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, 2010-2016
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, 2009-2010
- Barney Masterson American Inn of Court, 2006-2007
- Moot Alumni Association, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
Many cases overlap several areas of law. As a full service law firm, we are able to recognize how one legal discipline impacts another. We work as a team on complex issues that require knowledge of a variety of state and federal laws. This multi-disciplinary approach allows clients to receive the large-firm advantage of access to multiple attorneys in a wide scope of practice areas as well as the hands-on customer service offered by a boutique law firm. In addition to civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation defense, commercial law, construction law and appeals, our firm also handles professional liability claims.
Our bilingual staff is available to assist with immigration matters, including consular and removal defenses.