Boyd and Jenerette’s Mass Torts Department is experienced in a broad range of complex litigation suits including asbestos claims to pharmaceutical litigation. For several decades Boyd & Jenerette’s attorneys have defended several major industrial clients involved in mass tort claims by devoting its practice to management of litigation and trial dockets on behalf of our clients. Our practice expands across personal lines, commercial lines, workers compensation, longshore and admiralty defense, and all areas focus on the defense of personal injury claims, causation, and damages.
Boyd & Jenerette’s mass torts litigation has involved the following:
- Hundreds of asbestos claims for several product manufacturers which involve complex issues including compensability, exposure and medical causation, as it concerns diagnosis and pre-existing exposures.
- Several shipyards and other property owners in asbestos related litigation.
- Claims for chemical exposure arising from operations in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Defense of a major local plant in over 75 different lawsuits (many of them included asbestos).
- Defense of an American based oil and gas company in over 100 cases in the workers compensation arena with claimants alleging damages from various chemical exposure, such as hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, and phosphoric acid.
- Representation of American based healthcare company in both breast implant litigation as well as blood clotting products.
Boyd & Jenerette, P.A.’s Mass Torts Department is headed by Kristen M. Van der Linde. The Department handles asbestos cases on a local and nationwide scale. The Department provides case management, strategy and early resolution of cases, as well as trial assistance in both state and federal courts throughout Florida. Additionally, the attorneys attend depositions throughout the state on behalf of the clients in cases pending in other jurisdictions throughout the country.