When did you first know you wanted to be an attorney? What drew you to this career?
- I was a relative latecomer to deciding to go into law. I recall during college having great conversations with my now father-in law, who is a wonderful attorney and person, about the myriad aspects of being a lawyer separate and apart from my T.V. style notions of the law. He was very influential in my decision.
What personal trait most aided you in your career?
- Understanding and focusing on what is within my control, rather than what is not. We don’t make the facts, but we represent our client’s interests as best we can given the facts as they are.
What do you find most rewarding about your practice?
- I really do enjoy being presented with a problem or difficult situation and helping guide our client through toward the best resolution under the circumstances.
What do you find particularly challenging about your practice? How do you overcome these challenges?
- As one of two working parents of a young child in school, the daily juggling of work and family schedules can be stressful. Thankfully, Boyd & Jenerette maintains a wonderful family-oriented approach with our attorneys. I have learned to be flexible.
What drew you to Boyd & Jenerette?
- I knew of the firm’s reputation for professionalism and superior legal work, but once I had the chance to meet the partners during my interviews, I did not want to look anywhere else.
Thus far in your career, what are you most proud of accomplishing?
- Becoming a partner and then earning my Board Certification in Workers’ Compensation.
What do you most hope to accomplish in the future? Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
- I see myself at Boyd & Jenerette continuing to develop and grow our Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
What is your favorite band?
- That’s tough, but I’ll go with Arcade Fire and The Assad Brothers (classical guitar).
What is your favorite song?
- Changes daily, though as of today my favorites are “Let me Fall” by Laura Mvula and “The Lark Ascending” by Ralph Vaughn Williams.
What is your favorite sports team?
- Sports is the thing where people run around and kick/throw/hit a ball of some sort, right? I’ll get back to you on that.
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite TV show?
- The Office (BBC)
What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Any beach rental on any beach with my wife, daughter, and my dog.
What are your hobbies?
- Cooking (well, eating) and playing classical guitar.
Do you have any pets?
- I happen to have the best dog in the history of the world: A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Dani.
Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
- Definitely a night-owl.
Do you have a hidden talent?
- I think I'm a pretty darn good cook.