When did you first know you wanted to be an attorney? What drew you to this career?
- From a child I was always told that I would grow up to become an attorney, because of my strong personality and debating spirit. Prior to becoming an attorney, I worked as a paralegal for six (6) years. During that time, I began to enjoy the legal field and developed a passion for knowledge of the law. It was at that time, I decided I wanted to go to law school.
What personal trait most aided you in your career?
- I believe my strong organizational skills are the best aid in my career. In the legal field, there is a lot of paperwork, deadlines and high volume of cases. It is my strong organizational skills that allow me to navigate through multiple cases each day and keep each file moving so that client goals are being met. Some people are great writers, and some are great at researching, but if you are not organized, your job as an attorney can be daunting.
What drew you to Boyd & Jenerette?
- In 2018 my husband had an opportunity to come to Jacksonville for his business. I started looking for a new firm home and I knew I wanted to make the best decision possible for my career. Boyd & Jenerette has an excellent reputation online and what I liked most was the stability and longevity I felt the firm could offer. Now that I am a member of the firm, what keeps me here is the family-oriented environment, with a reasonable work/life balance.
Thus far in your career, what are you most proud of accomplishing?
- I am proud of the attorney I have become thus far. Each day I learn and grow as a person and as a professional. My analytical, writing, and researching skills grow daily and Boyd & Jenerette and my mentors there have aided in that growth.
What do you most hope to accomplish in the future? Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?
- I hope to become a fierce trial attorney. I would also love to teach in my spare time. In the next 5 years I see myself as a trial lawyer, the next 10 years I will consider becoming an in-house attorney and continue to be an involved mom and a supportive wife.
What is your favorite song called?
- My favorite song is "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys.
What is your favorite TV show?
- My long-time favorite TV show is Law & Order.
What is your favorite vacation spot?
- I love tropical weather and enjoy vacationing in the Caribbean.
What are your hobbies?
- I love to sing, shop and clean.
Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
- I am a morning person, although I can hang if need be with the night-owls!